There are many ways you can volunteer using your gifts and talents to help families with MD. You can volunteer as an individual, or gather a group or family together to serve at one of our events or host a fundraiser!
- Assist in office work and maintaining our database
- Photography and Video with events and stories
- Help plan and host social events for MD families.
- Corporate Challenges for you team like Casual for a Cause, NCAA Bracket Contest or Trivia Contests with a buy in for proceeds to benefit MDFF Families
- Sponsor your own event on behalf of MDFF: Present your idea and we’ll work with you to help you execute it if it fits our mission and purpose!
There are significant costs associated with having MD. The limitations on work for parents or caregivers often leave many MD families financially strapped making the holidays an even more stressful time of year.
Provide an MD family hope for the holidays this year by providing gifts and a meal. You can make this a meaningful group effort by gathering co-workers, getting your kids involved, or rallying your sports team, or small group together to serve MD families this holiday season!
In early December, we will provide you a list of family members and wish lists, along with food needs. The general guidelines are food for a holiday meal (generally a gift card), and a gift for each family member. When you register, you can indicate your budget so we can match your group with the right size of family. You will also have the opportunity to choose if you would like to deliver the gifts to the family, or opt to have an MDFF volunteer make the delivery.
Are you a seasoned or even aspiring PHOTOGRAPHER? We need you at our Holiday Party on December 2nd (1:30-4:30 @KofC in Indianapolis) to capture family photos, fun photo booth portraits and candid images of families enjoying the party.
If you like to dabble in VIDEOGRAPHY, we are also looking for someone to capture and create a short (1.5 minute) video of people serving at the party, to submit for the Super Service Challenge to generate funding, awareness and opportunity to win cash prizes for MDFF and MD families!